January 31, 2011

Slow motion suicide.


#if you want my opinion(I have no idea why you would want mine), since I have a normal inclination to preach for free and not give two hoots about not practising it, here it is-don't take 12 C. you know, the bus, from saligramam to mylapore. Its meant for a different purpose, for transporting broken axles, loose seats and dust and filth across arcot road, venkat narayana road and rk mutt road. take the train.

The best part about being a loser is, nobody really cares, and I know this for a fact.

#Every place is expensive. I always thought eating out would turn out to be an expensive affair, but these days you have to sell your organs if you want to have a sumptuous lunch in a decent restaurant. also, if you want to buy vegetables or the occasional fruit, rice, pulses, anything that you might require to survive. So, we are being forced on a path of sainthood, hence, inflation is for the greater good of the masses.

You can be smart and successful, or you can be either. But if you are neither, you are as good as the next stray animal on the streets.

#i have never been a fan of those big fancy eat outs and I settled for a krishna sweets snack of poli. It was Rs 15 a week back, and they changed it to Rs 20 right in front of my eyes, even as lord krishna on a photo was winking mischievously. not at me, but at the indian population in general. more leelai would follow I suppose. Thankfully the poli was the same size, as opposed to saravana bavan, where dosai is being served with magnifying glasses these days.

hopes, more often than not, are merely false promises for some.

Ragi malt is excellent with heritage rather than arokya, and I don't know how my dead tongue could even discern the change. Probably because I drank it with curdled milk, or maybe I diluted one part of milk with 15 parts of corporation water. The next best thing to condensed milk is condensed milk. no contest. The next best thing to pooshnika verkadalai kootu is only that.


Every second of indulging in negativity is glorious. That is the only thing some are capable of.

The mind wanders in search of peace and happiness, and finds it in the most loveliest of the places. I was exhausted from all the travelling throughout the day, that when I reached thanjavur in the evening with a friend, I was completely drained of all feelings in the limbs. It is not an ordinary feeling to be dazed by something just by looking at it. At the periya koil, it is different-the temple looks at you, and intimidates you into submitting to its ferocity. I have always meaninglessly traveled for far too long now, in search of hope. I apparently have taken a metaphor far too seriously, to journey far and wide to find hope. I haven't yet. Neither hope, nor meaning.
Only the grand vestiges of an architectural marvel, which is yet to be surpassed in terms of the scale of the feat.

2 comments:

heartspeaks said...

could you translate the tamil saying in english??

gautham said...

if you are referring to the blog headline, it means 'give me a clear mind and make me be happy all the time.' its from a poem by mahakavi bharathi.