November 12, 2010

rains.
இல்லாருக்கும் செல்வர்கள் தாமே
என்பாருக்கும் தீயவர் மற்றும்
நல்லாருக்கும் முகிலே சமமாய்
நல்கும் செல்வம் நீயேயன்றோ?
Did you all know obama was here? Did you all know how the job market suddenly witnessed a spurt when he was out of US? Do you all know why he came to India?
Hint: I am here.
I want to ask this particular person in his secret service who is following me and notifying him of my activities. I have but only one question: Why are you doing this to me?(screaming on top of my voice). I have a suspicion that obama carries my voodoo doll, and sticks pins into it when he feels put out, say when his kids don't listen to him, or his wife spends too much, or when he is annoyed by listening to 'single ladies' for the thousandth time on the radio or the general problems that he faces in life.

#I am sitting here trying to ponder the heaviness in my mind. The million times the question pops into my head, and torments me with uncontrollable grief and anguish(both meaning the same), I am yet to find the answer to that simple question:
what is wrong with the puli that cooks in college hostels/canteens use for making rasam? Can't you pay more attention to it? I swear, I could have puked my pancreas out the instant I took a whiff of the rasam. It was nauseous, much worse than Indian politics.

#The signal at nandanam is god's way of getting back at me. As is everything else he is doing.But he has succeeded in riling me on this particular game. I stand there, patiently, waiting for the red to turn green, then to turn amber, then to red, then to green...until my life flashes in front of my eyes, and I die, and resurrect myself when the signal light turns green and I am in the front lines to take up the responsibility of irresponsibly changing lanes and going straight onto kottur. Some boards in madras suggest that I follow lane discipline. This statement is completely wrong for two reasons:
1. there are no lanes.
2. there is no discipline.
There have been times when I was embarrassed for not jumping a signal and doing the noble and right thing-not jump the signal. I guess I am a pretentious idiot, who is still hung up on following rules.

In keeping with the tradition of kaarthigai deepam, I watched kill bill and ate pori urundai.
note #1: Watch kill bill for the sword, and only the sword. the fights suck.
note #2: don't eat too much pori urundai, you might have problems the next morning...

I also attempted to do an unthinkable and probably the most depressing task on the planet-iron a shirt. I would like to warn you, what little self-esteem, confidence, strength, belief and motivation you have will dissipate into thin air. You will surrender to the will of fate, thinking about how this mad world imposes such hardships upon you with no apparent reason other than to make you squirm while your inability flashes before your life in those moments...we are still talking about ironing of course.I am going to find the first tailor who came up with the concept of a shirt, and make him pay in kill bill style. At one point,I stood on my feet and pressed the iron box against the shirt with all the god almighty strength given to me by satan and the crease, that crease, that maniacal, sadistic, persistent, evil crease continued to look at me and smirk. That smile made me want to run away to the end of the world(vaazhkaiyin orathirke odinen etc).
Nudist colony is a good suggestion, but I don't like nudity. Don't laugh.

The instant I want to go out somewhere, some kind of a radar attached to me seems to signal the onset of tropical thundershowers which triggers a massive downpour for the duration of my stay on the roads without umbrella/raincoat.

As I said, home is where your heart, a steaming cup of coffee and ven pongal is...
cheers.
நிலா மலர்ந்த இரவினில் தென்றல் உலாவிடும் நதியில்
நீல நிறத்துப் பாலகன் ஒருவன் குழல் ஊதி நின்றான்
காலமெல்லாம் அவன் காதலை எண்ணி உருகுமோ என் உள்ளம்!

poem at the top: bharathidasan(rains, that don't discriminate)
at the bottom: attributed to kalki(not sure)

1 comment:

Harish Govindarajan said...

steaming cup of coffee and ven pongal... vaazhkayin artham.