January 19, 2010

அனைவருக்கும் என் பொங்கல் வாழ்துக்கள்.

i was asked what i did for pongal. i would like to ask them, what have i ever done for any of the festivals, that they would expect some kind of a sane answer from me for this question. the next time someone asks me, i am going to give them totally irrelevant or nauseous answers. so, what did you do?:
#i was cleaning toilets all day, and in the morning, it failed to flush.
#i wanted to find inner peace, and i am going to do penance sitting inside a dumpster.
#i was flying high in the USS enterprise in the KC42342DD cluster that i failed to see what the earthlings were up to.
#blood, i am covered in blood. somebody help me, i killed my roommates. aaaaaaaaahhhhh...
#i am going to fly to the moon and come back, can you please hold the line when i do that?
#i have a early meeting with the president of the naked ladies society.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i am torn apart. i am in great pain over the great loss that seems to be happening to me. I was so appalled by myself, that i wanted to tear off my arm as soon as i did it: i said "go fast", instead of "go fast". I assure you, i have not gone mad. simply put, my allegiances seemed to have changed, and have swung in favor of the western hemisphere, the american english. i no longer am comfortable saying "karma". i have to say, "kaarma". i am very humiliated at reporting this, but i will still tell you this: i said calsium, and i say aluminum these days. all those in my country, who are scornful of this, who are now shaking their heads in agony at this betrayal, should know that my loyalties are always with the queen's english. I am very conscious of the "aah" sound instead of the "aeh". fast, should be fast. it should never be fast. forgive me, my fellow men, i bow down in shame, and i deserve nothing less than a hearing with the council of big pretentious englishman's-english- sycophants. I should say this in defense: it was just the one time, the emotional duress was overpowering, and i had to do it. I cannot say that this is a justifying argument, but that i am only human, and i have to surrender to my weakness at times.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

too many times have we wandered down the path when we question ourselves about the purposelessness of the lives that we live. we seek solutions, and more importantly, happiness. but what is happiness? is it the fulfillment of our desires, to be successful? to accomplish something? to help others? i would like to twist the definition of happiness a little: its a brand new ipod nano with 8 gig memory, with video recording capabilities, and a radio tuner. it is probably the most beautiful thing on the planet, right after some of the best derrière shows, right before "the dark knight". its so slim, that you can hardly feel it, but once you get to see her, you cannot but fall in love, and understand that every other philosophy is absolute nonsense. advaita is not our final goal. the ipod touch is.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


shaking my head, i shrug off the snow deposits on my coat, as i take it off, it amazes me to notice how warm it is inside the hallways and rooms. heating concepts are simply amazing. i am sitting here, a comfortable 23 C, and just 20 cm away from me, a window separates me from an atmosphere not quite suitable for even polar bears. think about it, the temperature difference is more than 25 C!! Engineering is beauty personified. Though these days engineering has been reduced to a status of being science's witch(read with b); we cannot do anything but humbly and bashfully accept the dictates of science.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
என்ன வரங்கள்,பெருமைகள்,வெற்றிகள்,
எத்தனை மேன்மைகளோ!
தன்னை வென்றாலவை யாவும் பெறுவது
சத்திய மாகுமென்றே
முன்னை முனிவர் உரைத்த மறைப் பொருள்
முற்றுமுணர்ந்த பின்னும்
தன்னை வென்றாளும் திறமை பெறாதிங்கு
தாழ்வுற்று நிற்போமோ?






No comments: